• October 11October 13 is Homecoming at the High School

• October 11October 16th-20th is School Violence Awareness Week

Fall into Fashion

Mrs. Durand

This fall, be in the know about the latest fashion do’s.  Not only are the leaves changing, but the materials and colors of clothing are as we transition out of the summer fashions. Yes, the weather has been quite non-fallish, but here’s what we can expect to see as the cooler days approach.

Girls can still enjoy the feminine flair of florals, but they tone down with the fall months. We love seeing the brightly colored blooms on tops of the summer, but don’t hesitate to go floral still; just look for more earthy shades like you’d see in the changing hues of the trees. Also, ladies, the boxy and pleated look is in. Think blazer-like jackets, wide legged pants, and pleated skirts with structure. As far as shoes, slouchy boots are a must-have. They tend to come in suede, since the soft texture folds better. Also, those block heels are back. For a while there, the wedge was the way to go, but now, the chunky square heel is the trend to get.

Boys can’t go this season without brightly colored pants. Yes, this means orange, yellow and red among others. This can be found in denim or cotton. Also, sweaters with texture are a must-have. These have cable-knits or patterns like Grandma might make, so you might be in luck if you can ask her to whip something up for you. Under your sweater, you could double-layer trends with a denim button-up shirt. These have come and gone over the years, and this year, they’re back. Boys, your shoe game will be on point if you get some bulky trainers or some chunky military looking boots.

Oscar de la Renta said, “Fashion is about dressing according to what’s fashionable. Style is more about being yourself.” Therefore, whatever the trends are, it doesn’t matter, as long as you feel great in what you wear, and never forget that the best fashion accessory that’s always in style is a smile.