• January 10Congratulations to James Farina for winning the wrestling league tournament!

• December 4Eagles win Superbowl LII

The Math Club

Warisha Khan, Contrubuter

The Ocean Township Intermediate School has something that can Multiply your happiness! The Math club is back with more math!  You can join now! We want you. If you want to join, see Mrs.DeValue  in room 700 for more questions. The Math Club is very Educational, but also incredibly fun! The club  is open to students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade at OTIS who share an interest in solving challenging math problems which promote higher level thinking. The OTIS Math Club accepts new members throughout the school year.   “Students work independently and cooperatively to complete challenging math problems.  All activities help prepare students for upcoming competitions.  In addition, the activities and competitions support classroom learning and help to enrich the math skills of all members,” Mrs.DeValue proudly states. Some memorable moments are  placing 4th in the CBA Math Competition, and watching students become better mathematicians through math challenges and self-discovery activities. Some of the benefits of joining the club are that Math Club members will have opportunities to apply and improve math skills by participating in math competitions and activities.  The Math Club also helps to develop critical thinking skills and raise student awareness about the relevance and applications of mathematics in everyday life. Stop what you are doing and join the Math Club NOW! Or, you’ll miss out on the Educational request to be the best! Let’s add you! Don’t subtract yourself from the fun! Join now!