• June 12Graduation Dance Thursday June 21st

• June 128th Grade Graduation Tuesday June 26th

Star Athlete

When Isaac walks through the halls, the first thing you might notice is his spiked up braids telling you he’s distinctive.  His tall and physical build expresses he might be an athlete. His soft spoken “Good morning” says he might be reticent. But it’s his entire being that screams he is peerless.  He is someone you want to know, someone you want to befriend, someone to look up to.

Some of you might know Isaac Hester, the MVP for this season’s 8th grade basketball team.  You know him as a driven athlete who exemplifies spirit and strength.  His constant positive manner was contagious amongst his teammates, which helped them to achieve an undefeated season.  This League All-Star led the team to the Run for the Roses Championship. His dedication and perseverance kept the team motivated and inspired. According to Coach Miller, Isaac defines what it means to be a driven and selfless leader.  And with his future goal being to play in the NBA, these qualities will surely get him there.

Those of you that know Isaac from the classroom, are not surprised to hear Coach Miller speak so highly of him. Mariah Burton Nelson, a pioneer of the WNBA once said, “Think of yourself as an athlete. I guarantee you it will change the way you walk, the way you work, and the decisions you make about leadership, teamwork, and success.” The qualities Isaac possesses on the court are the same qualities that shine through in the classroom.  Even with his hefty basketball and football schedule, Isaac is sure to complete his homework and classwork on time.  He never complains and always remains positive. What you might not know about Isaac is that his favorite subject is math.  Well, with a vibrant teacher like Mrs. Shapiro, how can’t you love the subject!

Isaac Hester is a humble, hard-working 8th grader who has represented our school with pride and dignity on and off the basketball court. So when you see that athletic boy with spiky braids coming down the hallway, respond to his quiet “Good morning”, with a smile and a high five, because this kid is going to go far in life.  In the words of Isaac’s role model James Harden, “In any situation, I’m going to be good.” And Isaac is living up to that!