The Spartan Times

The Student News Site of Ocean Township Intermediate School

The Spartan Times

The Spartan Times

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Six Flags Fright Fest Has Kicked Off the Spooky Season!

Fright Fest at Six Flags has finally begun and is celebrating its 30th anniversary. In honor of their 30th anniversary, they have opened new rides and have added haunted houses to the event. The new haunted houses are The Conjuring, Reflections of the Dead, Fears, The Manor, and Big Top Terror: Forgotten Carnival 3-D with other houses that open later at night. These haunted houses are Saw X, Blood Shed, and Aftermath. As always 6 \Six Flags is very age-inclusive and has a kid fest for families with younger children to have just as much fun! Six Flags suggests that families with younger children that don’t want to be spooked or stay till dark to leave at 5:00 p.m. 

The monsters will be coming out at 6 p.m. all around the park for even more scares! The most common place to see them all is the center of the park. The park opens and closes at different times, but the most common open times are at 5 or 6 p.m. The most common closing times are 10 or 11 p.m. Most monsters come out from the different rides, so be on the lookout! Fright Fest will run until October 31, 2023. After Halloween, Fright Fest will be gone until next September.

Teens are the most attracted to this spooky and scary event. You will see lots of teens with friends going on the scary and older kid rides. Fright Fest is still and always will be family and or kid-friendly. People enjoy Fright Fest for the workers, the vibe it gives off, the themes, and more.

According to a fan who went this year, “Fright Fest 2023. Had a great time with the family. The staff walked around screaming and scaring you. They are very good at their job” – Yodi M. 

“The best part was all the employees in character. During fright fest you have random people walking around trying to scare you. It is awesome! They are so into character that it makes it fun!!” – Nicholas G. 

Anyone above the age of 12 is not allowed to wear costumes. This rule is so older teens or adults can not be mistaken for workers. This rule is also put in place so teens cannot fool around and scare people, which could give Six Flags a bad reputation. Full coverage face makeup is also not permitted. If you are to wear face makeup, Six Flags suggests to only cover half of your face.  

If you are looking for a fun Halloween-themed park to enjoy October in, Six Flags Fright Fest might be perfect for you.