The Spartan Times

The Student News Site of Ocean Township Intermediate School

The Spartan Times

The Spartan Times

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Lionel Messi career in inter Miami.

Lionel Messi is a famous soccer player that plays for Inter Miami, but sadly he got injured in the MLS Cup on October 3rd, 2023. Because of the injury, Inter Miami lost against FC Cincinnati. This got them eliminated from the MLS Cup playoff contention.

Messi sustained a hamstring tear in his match against Cincinnati. Luckily he has returned and has been playing more matches, but he has been missing a lot of goals. For example in his last game he missed four goals.

Messi has played for a lot of teams in his career. His first team in professional leagues was Barcelona. When he first came to Barcelona, his number on his jersey was the number thirty, but after a bit he traded numbers with Ronaldinho.

Messi was seventeen when he first started playing for Barcelona. He played for the Barcelona academy at thirteen until he was seventeen. When he first came into a match he was put in during the 75th minute. A lot of his teammates did not like that a seventeen year old was playing, but Ronaldinho supported him

He doesn’t plan on retiring for a long time. He said he wants to continue playing as a champion. After the 2026 World Cup he will continue playing matches. He might switch from Inter Miami to a different team. The league/team that most people believe he will go to is the Saudi Arabia league. It would be smart for him to go because the Saudi Arabia league pays players a lot more money than other leagues.