The Spartan Times

The Student News Site of Ocean Township Intermediate School

The Spartan Times

The Spartan Times

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Israel currently under attack!

Israel has been invaded by the terrorist group Hamas!

It was 6:30 in the morning on Saturday, October 7th in Israel. On  this date Israel was attacked by Hamas. This attack was tragic and fatal. Numerous  citizens died as warheads, bombs,  and soldiers attacked Israel.  A Hamas official tells NPR the attack was to release Palestinian people from Israeli jails. This later led to Hamas sending in troops. In defense Israel sent air attacks to the Gaza strip. 

The war is very sad as Israelis were captured and many were taken hostage, including 2-4 thousand civilian deaths. “In the Middle East peace will never be reached without solving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict,” Said Ahmed Zewail. This war is absolutely terrible and the United States sides with Israel as they have been attacked in this war and did not cause it.

“Israel has every right to defend themselves”-Joe Biden.

The Gaza strip, which is on the border of Israel, is the land Hamas and Israel are fighting over. The Gaza strip has exchanged owners for a long time now. It was Israel’s for a long time, but now Palestinians have occupied some of it. The war between Palestine has been ongoing since Israel was fully established in 1948.

This war is ongoing because of how Israel and the Jews and Palestine and some Muslims view religion. Hamas views their religion very differently. They believe conflict and violence is the right way to solve ongoing disputes. Obviously conflict is not solving anything and it has ended up in war.

View Comments (1)